Valentine’s Day Fun: Making a Sensory Board
There are so many wonderful ways to incorporate sensory play into craft time, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. A sensory board is an inexpensive way to have fun together while engaging the senses. Here’s everything you need to know to create your own!
- Foam Board
- Glue stick or Mod Podge
- Variety of Materials
- Tissue Paper
- Beads or stick-on jewels
- Pipe Cleaners
- Sand Paper
- Gather materials. Pick out supplies from the store or look together to find fabric or other types of materials you already have around the house!
- Cover board with paper. Using two or more types of paper is a good way to add in color and texture.
- Use a glue stick or Mod Podge to layer on elements. A hot glue gun can also be used with careful adult supervision!
- Add in 3D elements. Choose materials to incorporate texture, movement, and sound.
- Enjoy your final project!